It is what it is!
When a guy sweeps you off your feet… he’s in the perfect position to drop you on your ass.
—Some Really Smart Bitch
When I first started this blog, like… a month ago. I was mad. Really mad. I saw the ex over the weekend… and it was like a punch in the gut. It was like reconnecting and breaking up all over again. And sadness followed. For me, anger is much easier to deal with than sadness. Anger means you can do things, and not give a shit. It’s almost like you can do REALLY dumb shit, and justify it. Being sad. Well. I don’t feel like doing anything.
With the disappearance of the crazy, angry girl, I guess bitterness left as well. I can think a little more clearly and even see things from his point of view. But I’ve also had to realize that I’ve lost my best friend. I’ve lost the happiest and healthiest relationship I have ever been in. It’s a big pill to swallow. But it’s a step in the right direction.
Lee Brice - That’s When You Know It’s Over
It’s been a little over a month since single happened. And this song is perfect. I can finally listen to a song and not think of him. I can listen to HIS songs and not want to curl up into a ball or punch him in the throat. Just happily indifferent. It’s a good feeling.
Sooooo I may or may not have done something kind of bitchy. By kind of bitchy. I mean I did something totally bitchy. But whatever, I got dumped over email. All is fair.
So I still have some of my ex’s things. We haven’t gotten around to exchanging stuff since he lives in a different state. I offered to ship it, but he said he has to come back here anyway… rambling… anyway.
His iPod. The boy loves his music. It’s actually one of the things we have in common… a huge appreciation and love of music. So I still have his iPod(1 of 3) and I decided to clear it out and leave him a special playlist full of “those” songs. Here are the first 21 (out of a lot… he has a 7 hour drive home! I know… I’m like super considerate!):
- That’s What You Get - Paramore
- I’m Drinkin’ Again - Corey Smith
- Liar - Mumford and Sons
- Stubborn Love - The Lumineers
- Carefree Highway - Anarbor
- Love Don’t Live Here Anymore - Lady Antebellum
- I Pray For You - Jaron and The Long Road To Love
- How Quick You Forget - Eli Young Band
- Perfectly Lonely - John Mayer
- Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy
- I’m Not Calling You A Liar - Florence and The Machine
- Don’t Believe Everything You Think - Lee Brice
- All That Shit Is Gone - Carolina Liar
- She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
- Dumb Girls - Lucy Woodward
- Pieces Don’t Fit Anymore - James Morrison
- Every Lie (Acoustic) - My Darkest Days
- Learning to Love Again - Mat Kearney
- Hell On Heels - Pistol Annies
- Irreplacable - Beyonce
- Over It - Katharine McPhee